Rishikesh became well-known as the “Yoga Capital of the World” after the famous English rock band, the Beatles visited there in the 1960s. The renowned group visited the Ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi for enlightenment. Relax at the end of the day with the evening Aarti ceremony held at the Ghat on the Ganges. You can use this as a starting point for your trip planning, and if you need more comprehensive guidance, look here. Find out what are the top 10 places to visit in Rishikesh by reading on.
Laxman Jhula, one of Rishikesh’s most famous landmarks, is a 450-foot-long suspension bridge that hangs 70 feet above the river. The bridge, which was constructed in 1939, is a popular tourist destination since legend has it that this is where Lord Laxman used a jute rope to cross the Ganges. This place is among the top 10 places to visit in Rishikesh.
2. Rishikesh’s Ram Jhula
Ram Jhula, located in Rishikesh, is a places to visit in Haridwar and rishikesh. Although it was constructed a few years after Laxman Jhula, this suspension bridge is nearly identical in design and construction.
3. The Temple of Tera Manzil
This is one of the most well-known temples in Rishikesh, and it also goes by the name Trimbakeshwar Temple.
4. Shri Bharat MandirShri Bharat Mandir, devote to the Hindu god Hrishikesh Narayan, is one of the city’s oldest and most revere places of worship. Among the top 10 attractions in Rishikesh, this magnificent temple is notable for its connections to mythology. However, it is said, for instance, that the Pandavas worshipe Lord Hrishikesh here an route to the afterlife.
5. Ganga Aarti
The evening Ganga Aarti is performe here, making it one of the most famous ghats in Rishikesh. It is said that the holy Ghat is located where the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati meet.
6. The Beatles AshramAmong the many must-see attractions in Rishikesh is The Beatles Ashram, which can be found about 18 kilometers outside the city. However, the ashram’s prominence in Rishikesh’s tourism industry can be attributed mainly to the Beatles’ impact when they practiced transcendental meditation.
River rafting in Rishikesh is a must for every adventurer visiting the city. And Shivpuri is the finest site to partake in one of Rishikesh’s most thrilling adventure pursuits. However, the area is popular among those seeking river rafting opportunities.
8. Neelkanth Mahadev TempleThis sacred temple is one of the places to visit in Rishikesh at night for Lord Shiva worshippers, and it’s only about 30 kilometers from Rishikesh. According to Hindu mythology, after churning the ocean to gain the elixir of life, Lord Shiva is said to have drunk the venom ‘Halahala’ at this site.
9. Jumpin HeightsBecause of its reputation as an adventurer’s haven, Rishikesh is also a significant places to visit in haridwar and Rishikesh in two days . Bungee jumping, one of the most terrifying but exhilarating extreme sports. And Jumpin Heights is the most incredible venue to try this intense activity.
10. Parmarth NiketanFor devoted Yoga practitioners, Parmarth Niketan should be high on your list of places to visit in rishikesh in one day .The ashram was founded in 1942 and has since expanded to become one of the most significant spiritual centers in the country.